Sorry about my absence yesterday. I was out all day enjoying the day with my dad. Man, it really needs to stop raining in Connecticut. They can’t take any more. There was flooding. We encountered a puddle? so big that the water came all the way up to the stop sign. My friends parents had to evacuate their houses, many people’s basements are flooded. It’s crazy! Have to find how to do a stop raining rain dance.
Anyways, need some pop culture news? Here’s what I find most interesting from yesterday and today:
Starting off with some suggested books and music:
- I consider myself pretty on top of the music scene, but I managed to only know of ONE of the albums on this list of the most overlooked albums of 2009. So therefore, it must be filled with ultra-coolness.
- Download some songs from the only artist I knew of on the list Jenny Owen Youngs
- If you’re in need of a book to read, here looks to be a good list from Newsweek.
- io9.com has an impressive guide to what’s happening in July in the Sci-fi world
- What does NPR say, “might unleash a frothing nerdstorm of outrage?” Panties?
- Spinner reports Dave Grohl, Josh Homme and John Paul Jones are working on an album together
- Photos, Videos and a setlist from U2′s tour launch in Barcelona yesterday
And finally, some articles that I found interesting:
- The author of this article says it’s getting harder for them to keep hating Starbucks
- The BBC says the world’s ant population has been taken over by a mega-ant colony
- and finally, finally, you know my love of zombies right? NPR has a history of sorts of Zombies!